Have you ever been down in the dumps and wanted to be left alone with just your music ( Back to Black – Amy Winehouse? Hum bewafa har kis na the by Kishore Kumar?) Or, you wanted to sing aloud to the entire world and express your euphoria ( On the floor – J Lo?) Well, all of us have been there and done it at some point in time.
Whether I am in a celebratory mood, hurt, nostalgic or sad, Music has always given me the much-needed respite, peace and solace!
Now, combine your music with a glass of Apple Martini or a Glen on the rocks – a person`s day can be complete! I actually “Stumbled Upon” an amazing website which gives some interesting pairings for music and cocktails.
Curtsey - http://drinkify.org/
This really got me thinking how relevant music, moods and beverages are. I mean, after my 2nd Martini, I could not have listened to Frank Sinatra – it had to be a groovy Adele number like Daydreamer.
I realized if you can pair your songs/music with the right beverage, it kind of ties all the loose ends.
- In the mood for some No woman no cry ? Well, I have realized anything to do with Bob Marley and it goes very well with Red Bull
- Are you listening to upbeat Asha Bhonsle numbers? Grab a bottle of Merlot and groove to her tunes
- Nostalgic with Whitney Houston numbers – pour some vodka over ice and enjoy the evening
- Pour some Gin, top it with some tonic and garnish with a nice slice of cucumber and sing along with Jagjit Singh
- Attending a party and listening to Shakira? Pour some Champagne, add a dash of Galliano and top it with orange juice (yes, it tastes good!)
- Feel like a beer? Groove to Carrie Underwood songs
- Winters are in full swing and Bon Jovi is belting out his numbers – grab some brandy, add some Cointreau and a dash of lime
I tried few other disastrous pairings also but you need to try for yourself and see what works best for you. Of course, there is no science to this – it is more about what you like, your favorite beverages, music and your mood! But one thing is for sure, this unusual music – beverage pairing has an interesting and fascinating aspect to it!